Lessons From Roubo



In the August 2014 issue of Popular Woodworking I penned an article about building the press vise shown on Plate 280 of Roubo's "L'Art Du Menuisier" As vise meant to clamp both veneer and solid wood. Since building it I have found it to be a very useful shop appliance that I am still finding new uses for.

Recently I shot some video of it's use and wrote some about the lesson's I've learned. With Megan Fitzpatrick's help I've gotten those posted over on Popular Woodworking's Blog. You can read and see more about the vise (and how fast I can move in the shop!!) by following this link

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/woodworking-blogs/editors-blog/lessons-roubo

Pretty cool stuff.

Ratione et Passionis
Oldwolf

Comments

  1. Wow! Your on Popular Woodworking again. Great stuff. Be proud you earned it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts